Amanda Bridge of Regional Development Australia Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula introduced BP to the Eyre Peninsula Community Foundation. A meeting was set up and discussions took place with Foundation Chairperson Glenn Karutz, Secretary Kate Clark and Coordinator Faye Davis and BP representatives Paul Evans and Maria Soares. The Foundation was asked to identify community projects in the region which would benefit from BP’s community investment program and would the Foundation consider managing the funds on behalf of BP.
A submission was collated by the Foundation identifying 6 community projects which were favourably viewed by BP. BP and EPCF have signed a funding agreement for the administration of the funds that will be distributed.
The community projects are:
The Port Lincoln High School will receive $10,000 for their “Science in the Field” project. Two separate groups of 15 students in year 11 who have selected to study science at SACE level and thus made an early commitment to science pathways will participate in a 3 day field trip round Eyre Peninsula investigating a range of scientific careers and also looking at sustainable energy initiatives.
Five projects were also identified to receive funding for vehicle fuel from BP.
– The Port Lincoln Community House will receive $1,000 that will enable them to reimburse their volunteers for use of their own vehicles.
– The Port Lincoln / Lower Eyre Peninsula Red Cross Australia & Port Lincoln Community Enterprises Ltd (Port Lincoln Bendigo Community Bank) Community Vehicle Service will receive $7,000 to fund their fuel costs of approximately $600 per month.
– The Far West Football League will receive $1,000 for vehicle fuel to assist the league in supporting their players and officials to participate in the Mortlock Shield Football Carnival.
– BP will provide the Far West Red Cross with $4,000 to purchase fuel for the Community Vehicle.
– The Eyre Peninsula Community Foundation has been acknowledged by BP and will provide the Foundation with $2,000 for fuel.
Information about BP’s Great Australian Bight Project can be found at